Articles and Resources for Psychologists
Whether you’re a student seeking information on psychology degrees or a seasoned professional wishing to advance your career, it’s likely that you are always looking to stay on top of recent industry trends, share opinions with your peers, and learn about new growth opportunities. This page is a one-stop-shop for everything you may need to enrich your psychology studies or career. We’re always adding to our psych resources, so be sure to bookmark this page and visit it often to stay informed of the latest updates.
Are you looking for psych-based advice to help you better serve particular clients? Or perhaps you’re interested in seeing someone’s opinion on a specific topic that interests you? You’ll find a wide variety of subjects covered in the articles below.
One of the best ways to learn about other fields of psychology — or even just get a new perspective on your own — is to listen to what others have to say on the subject. The interviews below have been conducted with other mental health professionals to give you that opportunity, without you ever having to leave your device.
Psychology Research and Trends
Psychologists are always making discoveries, developing new theories, and creating revolutionary treatments. The resources below will allow you to keep track of the ever-evolving research and trends within the field of psychology, including not just straightforward reports, but also more informal methods of idea-sharing.
- : This Facebook group is open to anybody who is interested in best practices in psychological research.
- : The APA contains 54 divisions. Each division is about a specific psychology specialty or division. You can pay to join any of the 54 divisions. When you join you get access to journals, newsletters, and sponsored publications that contain information on the latest research and trends within your discipline.
- : Dr. Ali Mattu releases weekly videos on this YouTube channel about topics ranging from learning the parts of the brain, to providing counseling on overcoming phobias, to essential psychology books.
- : This article from the APA offers information about 10 trends in the field of psychology that we can expect to see in 2019.
- : This site provides information about the latest research discoveries and most recent news in science, health, and technology. Access the psychology category to find research related directly to your field.
Psychology Support Groups and Professional Organizations
Everyone needs a little help sometimes, including those who normally provide help to others. Taking care of yourself benefits your loved ones, your clients, and you. The resources below will help you to find the self-care method that best fits your needs, whether it’s processing support independently, or joining a community in which members lift each other up.
- : This article discusses the importance of self-care for mental health professionals and provides strategies for maintaining sanity when you provide care for others for a living.
- : This Instagram account from psychologist Dr. Nicole LePara provides tips on compassionate self-care and self-healing that are useful for everyone – not just mental health professionals.
- : Keeping up with your documentation can be exhausting. In this Facebook support group, commiserate with your peers and learn best practices and efficiency tips.
- : Another Facebook support group. In this group, you can talk with other mental health professionals about how to stay organized and minimize stress.
Mental health isn’t specific to just one group; it’s something that everyone has but not all take care of. These articles explain and describe why some mental health professionals seek therapy – and why it’s okay
- – Psychology Today
- – Psychology Today
- – The Guardian
Beyond helping psychologists help themselves on a personal level, there are many resources that help them professionally. Whether you are looking to communicate with others in your own specialization or searching for a job, these professional organizations are here to assist.
- : The professional association for the field of family and marriage therapy. As a member, you’ll have access to job boards, professional magazines, continuing education, and more.
- : This professional group is for licensed clinical social workers. This group provides advocacy for issues and laws related to mental health social work. As a member, you’ll get access to their job board.
- : This professional organization provides education, resources, certifications, and a job board.
- : This organization for professional psychiatrists has a mission to promote high quality care for patients with all types of mental illnesses and advance the field of psychiatry through research and legislation.
- : ABAI provides resources that include events, jobs, journals, affiliated chapters, special interest groups, and a membership publication.
- : The APS’ mission is to advance scientific research across disciplines and locations.
- : This organization is for school counselors at any level. For a small yearly fee, they provide members with a subscription to their bimonthly publication, access to webinars, and access to ASCA SCENE, which is a networking site that connects school counselors all around the country鑫鼎彩票注册.
- : The ACAC is dedicated to making sure children and adolescents have access to mental health services, regardless of financial circumstances. This organization also acts as a network for counselors who work with children and adolescents, in addition to offering access to their biannual journal.
- : This organization provides support and networking opportunities for sports psychology professionals. They also offer certification for individuals that qualify.
- : Create and maintain a LinkedIn profile to help you connect with others in the mental health field, find jobs, and follow news related to the mental health field. You can also follow accounts like to access the content they share.
- : This article published by the APA contains networking tips for mental health professionals and students.
- : The APA conference occurs each year in a premier U.S. city and lasts several days. Each day of the conference is stacked with a variety of important topics and programs that have high relevance to psychologists.
- : The APS annual convention helps psychologists and other professionals in the field improve their skills and knowledge, and learn about new research and trends in psychology.
Continuing Education Resources for Psychologists and Psychology Students
Continuing education is essential for psychologists who want to complete relicensing courses, or who simply wish to learn new things. Though license renewal requirements vary by , the following educational opportunities may help you to continue moving forward in your career.
- : Earn your required professional development hours through this provider of quality courses. Choose from online and in-person options.
- : PESI, Inc. is a non-profit provider of approved continuing education courses to mental health professionals. They also provide educational products like DVDs, toys and games, and books.
- : Get resources, chat with your peers, and learn about all aspects of starting your own private practice, from marketing through networking in this supportive Facebook group.
- : The APA is, once again, a tremendous help to psychologists at every education level. They offer hundreds of courses in an extensive variety of topics and issues, and members receive a generous discount.
- : This site offers CE courses for many disciplines, including psychology. Members receive a 50% discount on already low prices. Course topics include human trafficking, child abuse, and psychoanalysis, just to name a few.
Whether you are a psychology teacher in search of classroom posters or a mental health student or professional in need of a visual aid --— or just a chuckle — these infographics may fit the bill!